Friday, January 06, 2006

From mother to daughter




My beautiful mom is 24 years older than me. I am 24 years older than my oldest daughter. I have thought about that often lately. My mom is the most wonderful, giving, loving, person that I know. She is the example of everything good and lovely. She is beautiful on the outside and on the inside. She is my hero. I want to be just like her. I wonder if my daughter will feel those feelings about me that I feel about my mom.

Here I am. I often wonder how my mom felt at my age. I now have a teenage daughter and 5 younger children. Mom, did you have similiar concerns? I think that kids now days have a harder time in many ways that I did when I was 14. We worry more about their safely and yet now communication tools are much more advanced. When Kelsey goes out with her friends, she takes a cell phone. I can call her and she can call me for much less effort than when I was 14. Mom just had to wait and wonder where we were. She really couldn't get a hold of us.

This is my beautiful daughter Kelsey. She is 14 and just started high school.I still remember how I felt at 14. My daughter is a stronger person than I was at 14. She knows what she wants out of life. She stands up for herself. I didn't do that as well until I was much older. She has purpose and direction. She also stands up for her friends. She is so loyal. She is amazing! I often wonder if my mom felt some of those feeling about me when I was 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

counter free hit invisible
Tech support by Rey